Sunday 24 April 2011

Land tour of Bonaire - I'm back!








After 6 nights in hospital with suspected Dengue Fever that turned out to be an infection on my kidney I am now back to normal (I hope). I had a small operation and received a lot of intravenous antibiotics during that time. The hospital was a bit lacking with no air conditioning or hot water and a ton of mosquitoes. Patients brought their own fans in! Ian was very patient in taking care of me and we hired a car and did some land exploration of Bonaire while I was recovering. We managed to find the very pink flamingos, checked out the huts that the poor slaves were housed in to mine the salt, found a local brightly coloured lizard, and drove past the shore based dive sites. I told Ian that when I got better we were going to do some of these dives from shore. Divers just pull up in there pick up trucks and the dive site entry and exit point is clearly marked. Note the number plate on our hire car 'Divers Paradise'.

1 comment:

  1. sherylWelcome back! Glad to hear you've recovered, well done Ian for looking after you. Love the flamingoes and lizard.

    ReplyDelete