Wednesday 12 October 2011

Bad Luck and Wind


We were just about to leave Suva at lunch time today as the wind had finally arrived. We spent the morning getting last minute supplies and more diesel. Our friends on Saba left and called us later on the radio to get sailing as they were getting a steady 15 knots of wind. I went below to but our supplies away while Ian worked up on deck. I was putting our groceries in the cupboard when I accidently dropped a bottle of soya sauce on my foot and the glass broke cutting the top of my foot. I called Ian and he thought it was serious as there was sauce all over my legs and the floor. We cleaned up the cut then decided to go to the Doctor and get it checked because we didn't want an infection to start while on a 5 day passage. Lucky all is well now and the Doctor just put a butterfly clip on it and gave me some antibiotics. It's 4pm now but we still plan to set sail as soon as the dinghy is up on deck and everything is stowed away. Unfortunately Ian now has to do all these jobs on his own so it will take longer than our usual preparation time. We aren't looking forward to starting a passage with a night sail but we really need to be in New Caledonia soon to pick up our friend and next crew member Arthur Jackson. To make matters worse it is raining heavily again so the visibility is poor. We just hope that we can relax a bit when we arrive in New Caledonia. The photo shows a cute sailing yacht and the mist covered mountains that bordered our anchorage in Suva.

No comments:

Post a Comment