Thursday 1 March 2012

Coffs Harbour - Old Mates


On our way into Coffs Harbour I decided to try and find some old friends (Tania and Bob Lamb) that I had worked on Heron Island with 20 years ago. It was a bit of a long shot but I knew they were from Coffs Harbour so I googled Bob and came up with a pretty likely hit. I emailed Bob and to my surprise his wife Tania replied within a few hours. They were very busy getting ready to head up north for a 6 month stint working on Lizard Island but found some time to meet up with us on Faraway. It was great seeing them again and we caught up on 20 years in about 2 hours. They were both still as happy as you like and we really enjoyed their company. It was such a shame that we didn't have more time to spend with them but we were also really happy they made the effort to visit us.

No comments:

Post a Comment