Wednesday 30 March 2011

Diving in Bonaire






With some of the best diving beneath us we decided to check out the reef below us. The photo shows Ian doing a giant stride jump from the deck of Faraway. It's a bit of a drop but the easiest way to get wet! We immediately came across an abundance of marine life and my head was spinning from the volume of fish that swam by. There was so much to take in that I stopped taking photos and just watched the action. The fish weren't scared of divers either and would come right up to look at you! Amazing for the first time I felt like I was in a fish bowl. Ian got pestered a lot by a French Angelfish it just wouldn't leave him alone. I suspect it was something to do with those well worn board shorts he was diving in! There were loads of moray eels (golden and green), cowfish, file fish, soft and hard corals, Christmas tree worms, tube worms, anenomes and a huge Tarpon fish.

1 comment: