Sunday 13 March 2011

Diving in St Lucia







On Saturday, March 12 I decided to take time out and go diving with a local dive company. The weather was great the day before I booked the trip but when I turned up for the dive people hadn't shown up and the guide said it was the worst weather in weeks! Not a good start. Anyway I decided to give it a try and headed out with a small group of 4 divers. We had a bumpy ride down the coast and didn't even make it to the planned dive site. When I got in the water I thought my mask had fogged up but it was the poor visibility that was making it difficult to see. Despite the poor conditions I really enjoyed both dives and saw some interesting critters including scorpion fish, snake eels, crabs, and drum fish (black and white fish). The guide told me if only I had of dived yesterday it would have been crystal clear. Well I guess that's diving for you. Overall we really haven't had much luck with the weather. Today we leave St Lucia bound for Martinique to get our new headsail. Hopefully we are at the last stages of all our repairs and can head off towards Panama in the next week or so.

1 comment: