Thursday 24 March 2011

Sea Horses x 3 - wow!




I was really lucky to have the chance to dive the famous local dive site 'Pole to Pole' and photograph 3 seahorses. It was hard work looking for them (I only spotted one) as we were distracted by so many other interesting marine creatures inhabiting the same dive site. The seahorses were really beautiful to watch and their eyes were very sensitive to light and movement. I loved the way they curled their tail around the sponges or soft corals to get a hold in the light current. I'm still in the process of identifying them on a seahorse website. They were the first seahorses that I have seen except for a small dead one years ago in Half Moon Bay.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sheryl and Ian!
    Morten and I had a friend over for dinner tonight (in Copenhagen) and we started talking about your amazing adventure. We got online and started looking at your latest photos and stories. I am just blown away by all of your experiences and photos, I could almost cry! I hope you are having fun and we send you lots of hugs.

    I hope to see you in July actually. I am looking at flights around 7th July into Cairns, drive to Brisbane with Mum and Dad, attend a ceremony on 11th and then I am not sure. Do you have any idea where you will be?

    Take care, keep living the dream!

    Love Ange & Morten xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ange thanks for the nice comments. We will be somewhere in French Polynesia around July. In fact we are running very late! Hope to be in Panama next week. In Bonaire at the moment this place is amazing. You and Morten are welcome to join us any time or just you what ever works out. Keep watching the blog. Sorry I can't give you more of an idea with the timing. Hey hope the new job is going well you are amazing. Heard you were off to Sth Africa you will enjoy that so much. Sheryl x

    ReplyDelete